Here I sit in the quiet living room. Everyone is in bed already for the BIG road trip ahead. I can not help but let a few tears fall as in a few short hours a chapter of our life ends. A new chapter will begin and we know that there are many amazing things that will happen in this next chapter. However, I don't quite feel ready for this chapter to end. Can it really 22 years ago that I held my precious daughter in my arms? Somehow at this end of things, it seems like I only blinked and our daughter is all grown up. Oh, how I wish there were a few more pages, or a few more paragraphs, just even a few more sentences before this chapter comes to a close. Isn't this the thing that every parent dreams about: Their child finishing university, finding an amazing job, and moving out? We are of course truly grateful how we have seen the Lord bring our daughter through many close calls, with some pretty scary health issues. And the Lord has opened up some amazing doors for our little girl ahead. But how I long for one more walk into town, one more coffee date, one more kitchen cooking adventure, one more home spa night, one more party to celebrate together, and the list goes on. I do thank God for an amazing daughter, full of love and compassion for this world. I thank God for the gifts and ability he has given her. There is much anticipation for what this next chapter holds.
Ruth we know God has some amazing plans for your life. May you continue to walk with the Lord and look to Him for direction for the path ahead. May you continue to reach out and touch lives for eternity. Keep pressing on and making a difference in this world. There will be a few more miles between us now so we will have to cheer a little bit LOUDER, but know we are here in the Great White North Cheering you on. Never for a moment forget that your family LOVES you, is PRAYING for you, and is BEHIND you.
Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your path straight.






Making me cry! Closing of a chapter... some chapters are hard to close.
ReplyDelete