This semester I have been able to add a couple of MK Orientation Events that I have never done before. I have lots of ideas but there is no way I could put it all together by myself. There are a couple of people that have been a HUGE help to me. Vern faithfully helps me set up, take down, clean up and do LOTS of running around before, during, and after my MK Orientation Events. It has been a dream of mine for several years now to be able to put on an airport event where our families go through an airport starting at the ticket counter, going through security, arriving at the gate, getting on a plane, then going through customs and immigration. It looked like this fall things would finally come together to make this event actually happen. However in August when I started with my veritgo, life has changed. Although I am better than when it first started I am still struggling with dizziness and it has made life more challenging. It looked like this airport event would have to be pushed to the back burner again. However, slowly things are coming together to make it actually happen. Although, Vern is not a part of the MK Care and Education Department he is my right hand man and has been a HUGE help to me in making this dream become a reality. He has put countless hours in helping to buy supplies and build my "plane" and "luggage and body scanner" among other things yet to be built. This is true love in action to see him take his weekends putting in lots of hours to make this dream a reality. It was so special to see how Aurora is even getting into helping with this event. There are still LOTS of details to work out before our Saturday event. I would appreciate your prayers for me and my team that as we do this airprot event that it would be a great learning experience for our children who have never flown before.







No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.