30 years ago today we welcomed our third son into our family. We had only been in Venezuela a little over nine months. Due to having such bad morning sickness, adjusting to a new country and culture, and then being a below average language learner, I did not know how to speak Spanish very well. In Venezuela they did not allow anyone in the delivery room but me. Since I am always quite overdue with my babies I had always been scheduled to be induced however, Zachary was my first baby that I actually had to go through with the inducing. (Vern was fluent in Spanish so I am thankful that he was at least allowed to be with me during my labor.) Zachary was born in a little eight bed clinic. It was a bit of a scary experience to say the least. But I am thankful that Zachary arrived without complications. July 5th is Venezuela's independence day and so that is why I was induced on the 4th so that the doctor would not have to come in on the 5th if I went into labor then. When Vern called my parents to let them know that Zachary George Dyck was born my mother thought we named him after George Washington since he was born on July 4th. But Zachary is actually named after his Grandpa George Dyck.
We are so thankful for Zachary and how God has allowed us the privilege to be his parents. Zachary has a love for Elisha, soccer, and good food. We are proud of the Godly young man that he is. We know as he continues to walk with God he will continue to impact this world for eternity.
HAPPY 30th BIRTHDAY, ZACHARY!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.