We have all heard about the POWER of telling your story and how that can impact others. This afternoon we had the priviledge of telling a bit of our story. A friend of ours is putting podcasts together. He has been interviewing and recording missionaries sharing their stories about what it takes to reach the unreached people groups with the gospel. I have to say, as he was putting all of his equipment together and got everything set up it was pretty intimidating to say the least. As we got going he was asking us questions and we began to share different parts of our story. As our story unfolded I was overtaken with emotion on how incredible our God is. God uses ordinary people to do the impossible. I hate bugs, don't like camping, I don't enjoy trying exotic foods, hate the heat, I am not an adventure seeker, and I do not enjoy flying, I am a homebody and the list goes on and these are just the surface things. I am so glad so many years ago when God was nudging and challenging me to serve overseas as a missionary that I said: "Yes". I would have missed out on seeing so many incredible things that God did in the people group we were working in. It was so cool to have a front row seat to the hand of God at work. I am so thankful for what sharing my story did in my own life this afternoon in being able to review so many "Yea God" moments in my life. Don't be afraid to get out there and share your story with someone. You might be surprised what an encouragement it will be to you as God reminds you of his faithfulness to you on this journey in life.



No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.