Friday, July 10, 2015

The Africian Experience

As many of you know Vern and I had the privilege to make a trip to Senegal for two different conferences.  (Thanks so much for all your prayers for us we really appreciated them. )  We could not possibly express in a blog all that we experienced while we were there.  There were so many new sights, sounds, smells, and tastes.  We left there having a fuller understanding of the realities of what our personnel who work over there, face.  We also met some of the most amazing people who work in some incredibly challenging situations.   I have some new "Heroes of the Faith" as I rubbed shoulders with people who have faced and continue to face such huge hurdles in their ministry and are such an example of sacrificing all comforts and securities that we enjoy in North America for a greater cause of going to the outermost parts of this world to reach this world for Christ.  These dear people will not be forgotten and I will be faithfully praying and writing them to encourage them.  We also are hoping to use this experience of the things we have learned and bring it into the classes we teach to better equip our students for what they will be facing in the years ahead.  


















No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.